Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies

Go down 
+2
seth_an_tylers_mum
MissMon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies Empty
PostSubject: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 2:16 am

Quote :
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/985299/mother-under-fire-for-tweeting-while-son-dies

A mother in the US has come under fire for updating her Twitter status while her two-year-old son was dying.

Shellie Ross sent a message to her 5000-plus followers 34 minutes after paramedics arrived at her Florida home to attempt to revive her son Bryson, who had been found floating unconscious in the pool, US ABC News reports.

"Please pray like never before, my 2 yr old fell in the pool," Mrs Ross wrote at 6.12pm local time.

Five hours later, after Bryson had been pronounced dead, Mrs Ross Tweeted again: "Remembering my million dollar baby".

The 11.08pm tweet included a photo of Bryson in her post and followed it up with another photo post just minutes later.

Mrs Ross's 11-year-old son found Bryson floating in the pool and called 911 — he and his mother had been cleaning out a chicken coop while Bryson played in the backyard.

Police say Mrs Ross — who tweets under the name Military_Mom — said her son had been in the pool "maybe five minutes", and attempted CPR on him while on the phone to emergency services.

Police said they are aware of Mrs Ross's Twitter account but would not comment further as the investigation was ongoing.

Ms Ross's use of Twitter has sparked outrage with Twitter users and other online commentators, including food blogger Madison McGraw, who said she was shocked to read the tweets.

"The first I thought when I saw the tweet was that it was very sad," Ms McGraw was quoted by the Daily Mail as saying.

"But then I thought, 'Who would tweet that her son just drowned?' I couldn't believe it."

Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 2:56 am

Omg
Back to top Go down
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
~*Kat*~

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 7:07 am

OMG I am speachless how could she do that
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 7:44 am

Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies 155641 I don't have much to say on this - I'm still speechless after reading it this morning!
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 9:23 am

OMG!!!!!!!!!! how can someone do that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 11:16 am

I honestly dont see the big deal about it!!!
Most of us ladies here use Facebook and FF to vent and express how we feel maybe it was her way of getting it off her chest and getting comfort from replies "if any" ........ i mean yea it mayb a little soon to post such a thing but as i said it may have been her way of comfort or even closure from comments but there is no law saying u cant twitter after a death.............. I mean it not like she did it while she was watching her son drown...
Back to top Go down
Tammy
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 11:22 am

I kind of agree with Lari. While I can't imagine doing it myself I know people who's status updates are pretty personal and if I was sitting in a hospital waiting room it's one way to let family know.
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 3:26 pm

I personally wouldn't of being near a computer during a situation like that! But that's me..
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 18th 2009, 3:42 pm

i dont think i would be able to talk or type after something like that happening

i agree that we use FF and Facebook to vent during difficult situations but really within minutes of your child drowning would u think " OH i should update my status on Facebook" or " oh i better twitter this my followers need to know"
Back to top Go down
Tammy
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 19th 2009, 12:13 am

MissMon wrote:
I personally wouldn't of being near a computer during a situation like that! But that's me..

It wouldn't be me either but you never know how another person's mind works!
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 19th 2009, 12:43 am

i dunno...i put nearly everything on my facebook but if one of my kids had hurt themselves or came close to death or in her case DID die there would be no way id be straight on facebook
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 19th 2009, 12:55 am

Very true Tammy, everybodies mind works differently, obviously she didn't even need to think twice about getting straight onto Twitter! (Cause right at that moment, it seemed her #1 priority!).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 19th 2009, 1:03 am

what the hell!

why doesn't she have a fence around the pool?

and why wasn't she with her son.

What an idiot. She cares more about what other people think about her than her own son
Back to top Go down
Lisa Jade
Awesome Member
Awesome Member
Lisa Jade

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies EmptyDecember 21st 2009, 1:54 am

I agree Mat, Thats just terible, there is no way in hell id come and update my facebook status or jump on my web site just to let everyone know about what happend... not so soon after my child has died... that is sooo sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies   Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies Empty

Back to top Go down

Mother under fire for tweeting while son dies
Page 1 of 1