Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' Empty
PostSubject: Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'   Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' EmptyMay 28th 2010, 2:26 am

A 60-year-old retiree has become the oldest woman in China to give birth, bearing twins after becoming pregnant via in-vitro fertilisation, according to reports.

The woman, whose real name was not given, gave birth to the two baby girls prematurely on Tuesday in Hefei, capital of the eastern province of Anhui, the official China Daily said.

The births came 34 weeks after she became impregnated to ease the pain caused by the death of her 28-year-old daughter, Tingting, who died in a "gas poisoning" incident early last year along with her husband, it said.

"Their cry resembles my late daughter," she was quoted as saying after the birth were born via Caesarean section.

"The girls give me and my husband the courage to live on. Despite the fact that we are old, we have the confidence to bring them up."

After Tingting's death, friends and relatives urged the woman to have another baby and she decided to try in-vitro fertilisation.

Her husband was initially against the idea but finally agreed, reluctantly, the report said.

They travelled to Beijing last May to meet gynaecology experts, most of whom thought her chances of becoming pregnant were extremely slim.

When she returned to Hefei, Cheng started taking daily medication and injections, and became pregnant after an in-vitro fertilisation procedure last October.

The two girls were in stable condition in incubators, the report said.

There have been numerous recent reports of women having babies later in life thanks to advances in assisted reproductive technology.

Two Indian women are believed to have become the world's eldest mothers in 2008 after they both gave birth at the age of 70 via in-vitro fertilisation.
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'   Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' EmptyMay 28th 2010, 2:56 am

how in the hell r they gonna raise and provide for these kids at their age. seriously for IVF there should be an age limit
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'   Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' EmptyMay 28th 2010, 4:17 am

i agree there should be an age limit on IVF. At 60 they should be in their twilight years and getting into the retirement (or close too) not bringing up babies. And honestly what is their life expectancy or how long do they think they are going to be able to care for them. They are grand parent age NOT new parent age. Sorry if some people dont agree but i am thinking of the children
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'   Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' EmptyMay 30th 2010, 2:02 pm

I have to agree! Sorry but at this age my mum was a grandparent to my daughter!
IF my children and their children were to have kids at the same age as me i would be a GREAT grandparent at the age of 48!!! I would be a GREAT GREAT grandparent at the age of 64!!! I just couldnt see someone at 60 raising children of their own!!!! Sorry but i honestly think 60 is to old! some ppl dont even live to 60!!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa Jade
Awesome Member
Awesome Member
Lisa Jade

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'   Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' EmptyMay 31st 2010, 9:25 am

I AGREE with all u girls... its rediculous.. deffinatly needs to be an age limit on IVF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'   Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' EmptyMay 31st 2010, 2:23 pm

That's ludacris!!! My son's great grandmother is 60 something! Those poor kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'   Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins' Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman, 60, 'gives birth to twins'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Families First :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: The News Desk-
Jump to: