Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake Empty
PostSubject: Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake   Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake EmptyJune 25th 2010, 9:23 am

Police are hunting a gang of youths who speared a puppy with a wooden stake on the Gold Coast.

The seven-month old cattle dog, named Tex, was attacked after he barked at the five youths who had just bashed a taxi driver and damaged a service station.

The men, aged between 17 and 22, were walking down Tallebudgera Creek Road at 3am on Sunday when they spotted the dog and threw a wooden post at him.

The dog's owner, Mark Nicholas, woke up when he heard the barking outside.

"I saw him through the blinds ... all I could see was the bloke throwing it (the wooden stake) at him," Mr Nicholas said.

The stake took a large chunk out of Tex's neck, and the veterinary bills following the incident have topped $1000.

"It separated all the muscles and the bone," Mr Nicholas said.

"He had drains in his back for the blood — they've just taken them out."

The attack followed a late-night crime spree by the gang of men, which began when they arrived at Tallebudgera Creek Road petrol station in a taxi.

Police said the men kicked the cab after leaving before one of them jumped onto the bonnet of the vehicle.

Another man punched and spat on the cabbie, who suffered minor facial injuries in the incident.

Afterwards the men kicked the glass doors of the service station and sprayed a fire extinguisher through its window &151; causing extensive damage to the store.

The men are described as Caucasian, aged between 17 and 22 and of a slim build.

Police have release two CCTV images of two suspects in the case.

Anyone with information which could assist police is urged to contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au.

Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake   Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake EmptyJune 25th 2010, 9:40 am

omg that poor puppy i hope they catch those animals
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake   Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake EmptyJune 25th 2010, 10:29 am

i think it is very sad and cruel. No animal should be speared or anything else for that matter, they do no wrong. Oh and not to mention the poor taxi driver, what did he do wrong and i hope he is ok.
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake   Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake EmptyJune 25th 2010, 11:01 am

Seriously, who raises people like that? werent they given some rules of decency - i know cabbies can be annoying, but i dont think anyone deserves that and the dog was only trying to do the right thing from the sounds of it. Glad the owner got him to the vets on time, hope they catch the people involved.
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake   Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake EmptyJune 25th 2010, 11:51 am

yeh i saw it on the news too. The cabby said they werent drunk just seemed out to cause trouble. The vidio footage isnt pretty either. I also feel for the servo owner. I hope they get caught and are punished for what they have done
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake   Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake EmptyJune 28th 2010, 5:02 am

i hope they did catch them, that sort of attacking with no provocation isnt right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake   Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake Empty

Back to top Go down

Thugs spear puppy with wooden stake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Families First :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: The News Desk-
Jump to: