Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack Empty
PostSubject: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 9th 2010, 11:57 pm

A nine-year-old boy ignored warnings from his friends before throwing caustic cleaning liquid onto a Melbourne mother, her toddler and five-month-old baby, reports say.

A friend of the boy, who has been questioned by police after two young children suffered burns to their faces in yesterday's incident, said she and another child pleaded with him not to shower the woman and her children with the chemical.

"Me and my friend said, 'Don't do it' and when he did it, we felt very sorry," the Herald Sun quoted the young girl as saying.

Her mother apologised to the victims.

"We're sorry this happened to the babies. She's grounded," she said.

Sodium hydroxide, a tile-cleaning agent, was thrown from a raised South Yarra car park onto the unsuspecting woman as she walked her children along Bray St.

Her two-year-old daughter and five-month-old son, who were riding in the pram, suffered superficial burns. A witness reported hearing the children screaming.

"They were just covered in this soapy stuff," Agatha Rao told Nine News.

"They were all red ... they looked burned."

The nine-year-old boy was questioned by police for an hour before being cautioned.

He cannot be charged as he is aged under 10 years.

A Royal Children's Hospital spokesperson said the chemical had not entered the children's eyes and they were released in a satisfactory condition yesterday afternoon.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 12:24 am

far out he is 9! that mother better punish him for sure, those poor kids!.
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 12:44 am

yeh i didnt post it yesterday when it happened. But due to the fact it was a topic of convo last night between lach and i, i figured i would today
Back to top Go down
JustGem
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
JustGem

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 12:48 am

hes just lucky those kids werent blinded or something by the chemical. if jake ever did something like that i would be furious
Back to top Go down
chocochip

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 1:14 am

You have to remember he is 9 years old. We don't know if he knew what was in the bottle and that it could cause damage when it has contact with skin. I am sure that his mother and the police will have explained to him what could have happened.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 2:51 am

he may not have known what he was throwing on the babies or the damage that could be done. But in saying that he shouldnt have thrown anything on them. Not defending him. I am wondering thought, having a 9 yr old, where were the parents and why was he alone with mates in a car park with that kind of liquide. Or where were the friends parents????
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 2:56 am

:O
Back to top Go down
aprileviesmum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
aprileviesmum

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack EmptyAugust 10th 2010, 3:06 am

Whoa that poor lady and her kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack   Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack Empty

Back to top Go down

Boy ignored pleas before chemical pram attack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Families First :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: The News Desk-
Jump to: