Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009   Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 EmptyMay 13th 2009, 1:31 am

http://myaccount.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/individuals/same_sex.htm

The Australian Government has introduced wide-ranging reforms that recognise all couples, regardless of the sexual orientation or gender of a partner. The reforms also recognises children living in same-sex families.

From 1 July 2009 changes to legislation will mean that customers who are in a same-sex de facto relationship will be recognised as partnered for Centrelink and Family Assistance Office purposes. All customers who are assessed as being a member of a couple will have their rate of payment calculated in the same way.

Customers can contact Centrelink about how these changes may affect them by calling 13 6280. From 30 March 2009 customers can call this number to declare their relationship
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009   Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 EmptyMay 13th 2009, 1:31 am

About FREAKIN time i say
Back to top Go down
chocochip

PostSubject: Re: Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009   Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 EmptyMay 13th 2009, 1:42 am

Larissa wrote:
About FREAKIN time i say

I agree! There will be a few unhappy people though as some people stand to lose quite a bit of money.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009   Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 EmptyMay 13th 2009, 3:37 am

i agree about time
they want to be reconginized and treated the same way as us so bout time they do this
one of my mates is gay and she complained not long ago to me that now her and her partner are going to lose heaps of money BOOHOO i say she wants to be treated the same way and not looked upon differently so cop EVERYTHING that comes with it including the money
no reason why she cant get a job anyway not like they are ever going to have kids
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009   Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 EmptyMay 13th 2009, 4:20 am

i agree Chels! Gay and lesbian couples have been demanding equal rights for how long? Now they are getting them and they are complaining about it.

But it is about time centrelink recognised it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009   Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 EmptyMay 13th 2009, 9:31 am

About time! I agree with you guys too. If they want to be recognised as a couple they have to do it the way we all do and its one step closer for them also to the marriage laws being changed.
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009   Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009 EmptyMay 20th 2009, 6:46 pm

MzBec wrote:
i agree Chels! Gay and lesbian couples have been demanding equal rights for how long? Now they are getting them and they are complaining about it.

But it is about time centrelink recognised it!

My thoughts too!
Back to top Go down

Centrelink recognises same-sex relationships from 1 July 2009
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Families First :: GENERAL DISCUSSION :: The News Desk-
Jump to: