Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag

Go down 
+5
~*Kat*~
MuM25GiRLz
mummaof3andahalf
seth_an_tylers_mum
MissMon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag Empty
PostSubject: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 3:02 am

Quote :

An Adelaide mother took legal action to prevent her daughter calling her ex-husband's new wife "Mum", "Mummy" or "my other Mummy".

The Australian newspaper says the woman, who cannot be named, argued that her ex-husband deliberately undermined her role as their child's mother by encouraging his new wife to answer as the child's mother, or Mummy-D, being the first letter of her name.

The paper said the battle had been going on for almost as long as the child could talk, after her parents separated when she was four months old, and the case sets a precedent for other blended families.

The Family Court declined to make an order that the child not refer to her stepmother as "Mummy-D", saying it hoped she would grow out of the term and begin calling her stepmother by her first name.

Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 3:04 am

OMG arent there more important things to be going to court about.
Back to top Go down
mummaof3andahalf
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
mummaof3andahalf

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 3:12 am

i understand i will never allow my kids to call them "mum" thats my tag. and i dont disagree only i wouldnt have taken it to court.
Back to top Go down
MuM25GiRLz
MuM25GiRLz

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 3:16 am

Yeah i would be pretty upset if i heard my kids call someone esle mum..cos to my kids that is my tag and only my tag to them...like julez said i wouldnt take it court though i would have spoke my mind to the ex and to the new women.

Last edited by MuM25GiRLz on March 8th 2010, 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 3:17 am

dont get me wrong, i would hate it if my boys were "made" to call some other chick mum. i think taking it to court is just plain silly and a waste of time. maybe she and her ex need to sit down and for her to explain to him how she feels and for them to come out with another name to use on daddy's g/f.
Back to top Go down
mummaof3andahalf
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
mummaof3andahalf

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 3:18 am

they do need to sit down but now im aussing they will because they can see how its upsetting her by her taking them there. even though it was unnessacary maybe she didnt believe they would hear her or maybe she had tried that but they wouldn't listen we dont have everything that happened.
Back to top Go down
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
~*Kat*~

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 3:52 am

I can understand why she would be upset but I agree its so petty to take it to court
Its not hard to say please dont ask her to call her that as she is not the childs mother and come up with another word for her to use that suits both parties
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 4:58 am

Agree with you girls - it's a really petty thing to be going to court about!
Talk about wasting everyone's time!
When a simple sit down with all the involved parties & a discussion take place etc.
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 5:06 am

have to agree it is a VERY stupid thing to take to court what a waste of time! sorry but it is!
there is so many ppl out there that are trying to use the court system properly n this is just taking it away from all of us n making all of us wait longer!
sorry but this has greatly upset me! for every stupid little thing like this i couldve been to court 100 times to try n win back my kids
n u know what YES i am mum to my children n i dont agree this child was PUHSED to call someone else mum however if it was my childs CHOICE to call someone else mum as well eg dannys missus then so be it!!!!!!
in the end ur stilltheir mum no one can ever replace u!!!!! even if u died no one would ever take ur spot! coming from a family that seperated it didnt matter how many partners my mum had or what they were like THEY COULD NEVER replace my real father

anyways this case bugs me...ill leave it there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 8th 2010, 7:48 am

really? i mean serious? who cares. Let THE CHILD DECIDE what they want to call the step mother. FFS!
serious so stupid.
Back to top Go down
Lisa Jade
Awesome Member
Awesome Member
Lisa Jade

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 9th 2010, 7:28 am

Matilda wrote:
really? i mean serious? who cares. Let THE CHILD DECIDE what they want to call the step mother. FFS!
serious so stupid.

I agree with u
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 9th 2010, 1:25 pm

it would hurt me if it happened but ffs it is stupid to go to court over it. As chels said stupid petty cases like that are clogging our court systems right up. She is still the kids mother no matter what the g/f is called. She will never be replaced regardless so either sort it out between urselves or get over it in my oppinion
Back to top Go down
Tallis&LanesMummy
Dedicated Member
Tallis&LanesMummy

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag EmptyMarch 9th 2010, 1:53 pm

some mothers do have them... seriously taking it to court??? i wouldn't mind if my kids called someone else mum because i still know that I'M their mother and noone can take that away from me...

Think about it how many women out there let their kids call their new partner dad and then they crack up about it when they call someone else mum, should be a 2-way street

Also the child being so young when daddy got a new g/f it was proberly natural for her to call her mum and if she has been around for long enough then i think she deserves the title of mummy-D she knows who is her mum and she knows who her step-mum is...

Tallis has always called Kevin dad but he has also always known that Kevin isn't his real dad, that he has a father out there somewhere and seriously i honestly believe that all blended families should feel that way, as long as they know who their real parents are they shouldn't worry about a title... as MUM you are ALWAYS going to be the first one they go running back to when something goes wrong in their lives and shouldn't worry bout step-mum

sorry if this offends anyone i'm in a very speak my mind mood atm
Back to top Go down
http://ktlkbodyjewelry.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag   Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman sues over step-mum getting Mum tag
Page 1 of 1