Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2 year old hit by car and killed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JustGem
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
JustGem

2 year old hit by car and killed Empty
PostSubject: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed EmptyMay 25th 2010, 12:19 am

A two-year-old boy has been struck and killed by a car after wandering onto a road in Brisbane’s south.

The boy was rushed to hospital with massive head injuries after being hit on the street in Annerley at about 9.20pm yesterday, the Courier Mail reports.

He died a short time later.

It is understood the boy wandered onto the road from a nearby home.

The 29-year-old driver of the car was treated for shock, the newspaper said.
Back to top Go down
JustGem
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
JustGem

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed EmptyMay 25th 2010, 12:23 am

apparently he was put to bed and a little while later somehow managed to get out of the house. after the accident the police went door knocking but stopped one house short of the parents house.
they woke up a short time later and went to check on the boy and realised he wasnt there, they ran to the neighbours who told them about the accident. they mad it to hospital just in time to say goodbye.

as my son is 2 i find this so sad. my heart goes out to the family
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed EmptyMay 25th 2010, 12:28 am

ok this really pisses me off. How in the hell r these kids getting out. there seems to be a few of these lately
Back to top Go down
JustGem
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
JustGem

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed EmptyMay 25th 2010, 12:36 am

i know, find it hard to believe to, mainly because my room is near jakes and i hear him when he moves around. but in saying that he also knows how to open our back door but we have a string tying the gate so he cant get out
Back to top Go down
MuM25GiRLz
MuM25GiRLz

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed EmptyMay 25th 2010, 1:00 am

This is very sad, but to answer your question shelley people need to lock there doors seriuosly how does a 2 year old know how to unlock a door...comon change the locks if ya children can unlock them. (we changed the locks on our house in WA whne chelse figured out how to open it)
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed EmptyMay 25th 2010, 7:27 am

I understand how, a child learns it and the parents are attending other things and you think because your home you wuld hear them. One of the daughters out of our mothers group got out of a double locked deadlocked door as she got the key and she was only four. And Ive had Cohen get out the front door to watch the garbage bin truck go by when he was younger.

I think road awareness cant be taught early enough, tragic I feel so much for those parents for their loss, as the gap can never be replaced. I know ill be giving our kiddies an extra cuddle now when they get up.
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed EmptyMay 25th 2010, 3:35 pm

it is terrible!! But it bugs me too because it doesnt take much to add an extra bolt at the top of the door to stop them being able to open them. Or if there is a screen key lock it so it can only be opened again with a key. It is really sad though and no that gap can never be filled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 year old hit by car and killed   2 year old hit by car and killed Empty

Back to top Go down

2 year old hit by car and killed
Page 1 of 1