Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.

Go down 
+5
chels03
Amanda
JustGem
~*sharon~*
3princesses
9 posters
AuthorMessage
3princesses
Awesome Member
Awesome Member
3princesses

Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. Empty
PostSubject: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 18th 2011, 6:13 am

A US woman whose toddler drowned in a bathtub while she was distracted by Facebook has been jailed for 10 years.

Colorado woman Shannon Johnson, 34, pleaded guilty in March to negligently causing the death of her 13-month old son, who she left alone in the bath to play a game online.

According to court documents, Johnson put her son, Joseph, in the tub just after 8.30am on September 20.

She then left him unsupervised as she went to another room to share videos, check status updates and play Cafe World on Facebook, the Associated Press reports.

When she returned, Joseph was face-down in the water and not breathing.

Johnson called 911 and the toddler was rushed to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

According to an affadavit, Johnson told police she had been leaving Joseph alone in the bathtub for weeks.

She said the boy "wanted to be left alone" and was a very "independent baby".

In his sentencing remarks, District Judge Thomas Quammen told Johnson he did not think she was a bad person or that she killed her son on purpose, the Greeley Tribune reported.

But, he added, that doesn't mean her action wasn't criminal.

"You left this little boy in a bathtub so you could entertain yourself on the computer by playing games," Quammen said.

"And you left that 13-month-old human being, little Joseph, incredibly for those reasons."

An autopsy report revealed the child died of an anoxic brain injury, cardiac arrest and drowning.

Johnson was also sentenced to five years of mandatory parole following her incarceration.

Back to top Go down
3princesses
Awesome Member
Awesome Member
3princesses

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 18th 2011, 6:16 am

I just came across this story on nine msn.

Very sad Sad poor little boy, i dont have a bath tub in this house but in my old house when i use to give the girls a bath i never took my eyes off them, and i defintately would never leave them alone in the bath to check bloody Facebook!!
Back to top Go down
~*sharon~*
Administrator
Administrator
~*sharon~*

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 18th 2011, 6:19 am

That's terrible Sad Stupid mother.....
Back to top Go down
JustGem
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
JustGem

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 18th 2011, 7:43 am

thats terrible... a good friend of mine now has custody of his son after years of fighting, the mother had another baby after their son and she nearly drowned in the bath because she left her there on her own to go and have a smoke. its just terrible
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 18th 2011, 11:36 am

Wow alone in a bath and 13 months!. Mitchell is 16 months and i couldnt imagine taking my eyes off of him for a second in the bath.
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 19th 2011, 11:50 am

I dont even take my eyes off my 5 yr old! Portia is the only one of mine that gets left alone in the shower but i always have the door open! my other kids ARE NEVER EVER left alone!!!!
I cant get over that im sorry but its just common sense to not leave a child so little unattended near any amount of wate rthey could drown in let alone a bath!
RIP to this poor little boy! a accident that could of been easily prevented Sad
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 19th 2011, 3:28 pm

Um how does a 13mth old decide that they "wanted to be left alone"?!?!!!!
13 MONTHS old, not 13yrs old! Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Tallis&LanesMummy
Dedicated Member
Tallis&LanesMummy

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 20th 2011, 2:04 pm

argh 13 months old and left alone?!?!?! Lane is rarely left in the bath by himself and if he is then i'm in and out all the time or talking to him (i'm in the kitchen or laundry) so i can always hear him talking to me
Back to top Go down
http://ktlkbodyjewelry.com
FunSizedMummy
Awesome Member
Awesome Member
FunSizedMummy

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 22nd 2011, 3:57 am

omg, stupid mother...
i rarely take my eyes off ella when she is in the bath, but if i have to go and do something quickly, i make her sing songs to me so i can hear her at all time...
Back to top Go down
MuM25GiRLz
MuM25GiRLz

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 22nd 2011, 6:05 am

OMG how stupid is she thats made me sooo damn angry, kaylah is 16 months old and my baby will come first before facebook..i dont take my eyes off her for a second. Poor baby R.I.P!!! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 23rd 2011, 12:22 pm

that's terrible! craig was about 1 and in the bath and i quickly ran into the room next to it to grab a towel literally a second and he slipped and had the tiniest cut above his eye but poured out lots and that was between literally running for a second to get a towel. i almost had a heart attack. anyway my point is for him to fall and drown and her not to hear him she must of been far away for a long time! terrible!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. EmptyApril 29th 2011, 12:07 pm

OMG! that's so horrible! We know that bath time is for sure one of the fun moments a mother could spend with her little one since kids really enjoy bathing, it could have been a very happy bath moment like this pic here, [LINK DELETED BY ADMIN] , but this one turned out to be a tragedy.

I feel so sad for that boy.. Crying or Very sad

What a very irresponsible mother!!

Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. 464376 little Joseph.

Last edited by MissMon on April 30th 2011, 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted un-nessary link)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.   Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook. Empty

Back to top Go down

Women leaves toddler in bath alone to go and check facebook.
Page 1 of 1