Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

Hair dye turns girl 'into alien' Empty
PostSubject: Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'   Hair dye turns girl 'into alien' EmptyNovember 19th 2009, 11:49 am

Quote :
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/973485/hair-dye-turns-girl-into-alien

A British schoolgirl has told how she was left "looking like an alien" after she tried to dye her hair and had a severe allergic reaction.

Abigail Colbourne, 15, used a home dye kit from Clairol to make her hair darker in colour, The Sun newspaper reports.

But as soon as Abigail put the dye on her hair, her face started swelling rapidly.

"My eyes were glued together, and my head swelled up ... it was terrifying," the newspaper quoted Abigail as saying.

Abigail, from London, said she had failed to do a test for allergies on a small patch of skin, as was recommended on the packet.

Photographs provided by Abigail show her to be completely unrecognisable after the reaction and with bulging eye sockets.

She was rushed to hospital where doctors were able to reduce the swelling with medication.

But Abigail's mother Joanna Leech said the scary incident should be a lesson to anyone using hair dye kits.

"People should be aware of the effects of these dyes," she told The Sun.

Clairol said such a severe reaction was very rare.

However, another young British woman from Leeds, Rachel Bulmer, earlier this week revealed images of her painfully blistered face after she used a home hair dye kit, this time made by L'Oreal.

Ms Bulmer, 27, told the Daily Mail newspaper she was "left in agony" and believed she was going to die after her head started burning from the hair dye.

She said she had taken an allergy test a few days before dying her hair, which had shown up negative.

But when she died her whole head, painful blisters started to form all over her scalp, ears and face.

"It's nearly three weeks since I dyed my hair and I'm still in absolute agony," the Daily Mail quoted Ms Bulmer as saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'   Hair dye turns girl 'into alien' EmptyNovember 19th 2009, 12:11 pm

WOW Ouch Poor Girl...

Ive Never Done An Allergy Test... And Ive Been Fine But I Stick With What I Have Used Before I Dont Change Brands
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'   Hair dye turns girl 'into alien' EmptyNovember 19th 2009, 12:27 pm

well they do give you a warning on the pack to test on your skin, but who does that.
Back to top Go down
chocochip

PostSubject: Re: Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'   Hair dye turns girl 'into alien' EmptyNovember 19th 2009, 12:48 pm

You should be careful. One of my FB friend's status said yesterday that she thought her head was about to explode because she had just dyed her hair and she was having a reaction.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
~*Kat*~

PostSubject: Re: Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'   Hair dye turns girl 'into alien' EmptyNovember 19th 2009, 2:01 pm

Wow poor girl
I have used a few different kinds but I haven't dont the test either maybe I should now but I have used so many different brands I would hope that I am ok still better safe than sorry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'   Hair dye turns girl 'into alien' Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair dye turns girl 'into alien'
Page 1 of 1