Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dead baby found at tip farewelled

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dead baby found at tip farewelled Empty
PostSubject: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled EmptyApril 30th 2009, 9:33 am

Mourners who were total strangers wept openly for abandoned newborn baby Nicholas as his tiny casket was lowered into the ground on Thursday.

It was 10 weeks since his body was discovered and the minister who conducted a moving funeral service pleaded with Nicholas's mother to come forward and seek help.

More than 40 people attended the public funeral for Nicholas, whose body was discovered on the conveyor belt of a rubbish tip at Spring Farm near Narellan, in Sydney's southwestern outskirts, on February 11.

Authorities, who named him Nicholas after the patron saint of children, have been unable to find his mother, despite a major police operation and numerous appeals for her to come forward.

The Reverend Peter Kilkeary, who conducted the non-denominational Christian service at Rookwood Cemetery in Sydney's west, said it was still not known if Nicholas had been born alive.

"It's good that you people are here to show interest," he told the mourners.

"I wonder about a mother who has abandoned her baby and whether she has the support of family and friends or whether she has had to bear grief alone. I feel for her."

No eulogy was read because Nicholas had not lived lived long enough, if at all, Mr Kilkeary told the service at the Independent Mausoleum.

He said the funeral had helped people affected by the death to regain some of their humanity and urged the mother to contact the State Coroner's Office.

"So for him today there is hope. Today we commit him to God," Mr Kilkeary said.

Of his mother, he said, "We wonder at her state of mind in abandoning this child."

A bronze headstone with an inscription "Baby Nicholas, mother unknown" is expected to be placed at the gravesite.

Naomi Hayes and Chris Swan brought their three month-old baby boy Gabriel to the service and wept as little Nicholas was buried.

"I just felt that he needed someone. Even though I didn't know him I just wanted to show him someone cares," Ms Hayes told AAP.

"The poor little thing never got a hug or a kiss.

"It's good to see there's so many people out there that care."

Grandfather Henry Roach, 73, made the trip from the NSW Central Coast to pay his respects.

"You wouldn't think you could walk out on a little fella like that," he said.

"I'd say she (the mother) needs looking after, physically as well as mentally."

Mr Kilkeary said the mother might have sneaked into the service, but he did not know if she had.

A report on the post mortem examination of Nicholas's body has not been finalised.

Teary-eyed mourners, including mothers carrying babies and pushing prams, sprinkled dirt and placed flowers, toys and teddy bears as the tiny off-white casket was lowered into the grave.

Baby Nicholas is buried among hundreds of other deceased newborns at at a special plot called the "Baby lawn".

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/808087/dead-baby-found-at-tip-farewelled
Back to top Go down
chocochip

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled EmptyApril 30th 2009, 9:43 am

That's so sad Sad I'm glad people went to his funeral.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled EmptyApril 30th 2009, 11:01 am

oh that is very sad indeed.

poor lil man never had a chance of life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled EmptyApril 30th 2009, 12:55 pm

I just saw this on the news tonight. They said he was premmie and may have died before he was born Sad Its all so sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Lizzy
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled EmptyApril 30th 2009, 1:13 pm

Sad Sad Sad I couldn't even finish reading that, that poor innocent little possum Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Tammy
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled EmptyMay 1st 2009, 7:47 am

Dead baby found at tip farewelled Babyangel

So sad! Poor little boy.
How could anyone throw their baby out in the trash?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled EmptyMay 1st 2009, 2:47 pm

i know i was horrified when i saw this artical!

may he rest in peace!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby found at tip farewelled   Dead baby found at tip farewelled Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead baby found at tip farewelled
Page 1 of 1