Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chocochip

Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong Empty
PostSubject: Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong   Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong EmptyMay 10th 2009, 11:52 am

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,25456681-2,00.html

A MUM waiting for her Mother's Day breakfast in bed this morning was unaware her two children were setting the kitchen on fire.

The Lower Templestowe mother heard noise coming from the kitchen where her two daughters were attempting to cook breakfast but dismissed it as bickering between the pair.

But disaster struck as the fire took hold with the girls’ father receiving 2nd degree burns to his hands as he tried to put out the flames.

Templestowe station officer Rod Lawler said fire fighters arrived at the John St house shortly after 8.15am and quickly put out the blaze, estaimated to have caused $15,000 damage.

He said the girls had been cooking in a flash pan which appeared to have fired up setting the cupboards alight.

Mr Lawler said the accident served as a reminder to families to have working smoke alarms and fire blankets in the home.

“It is a timely reminder to make sure all the alarms are working – this family had three but they weren’t functioning,” he said.

“The mum heard the commotion but thought they were fighting, instead they were yelling ‘fire’.”

The 56-year-old father was taken to Austin hospital with 2nd degree burns to his hands, and the girls were treated for minor smoke inhalation.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now
chocochip

PostSubject: Re: Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong   Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong EmptyMay 10th 2009, 11:53 am

Poor girls!! I bet they won't want to cook again for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now

PostSubject: Re: Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong   Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong EmptyMay 10th 2009, 12:33 pm

Aww how awful! I hope Dad is alright. Poor girls, how scary!

Definitely a very good reminder to check smoke alarms and fire blankets as well as fire extinguishers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong   Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong EmptyMay 10th 2009, 1:10 pm

I read this earlier! OMG!!! I have been saying for the past 18months or so I want to get a fire blanket and extinguisher after a small fire in my oven!
Back to top Go down
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
~*Kat*~

PostSubject: Re: Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong   Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong EmptyMay 11th 2009, 1:18 am

Oh dear Sad what a lovely thing to happy on mothersday
I hope dad's hands are ok
Bet there will be no cooking for those girls for a while
Back to top Go down
Tammy
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong   Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong EmptyMay 11th 2009, 6:12 am

That poor family! I'll bet Mum feels guilty too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong   Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Templestowe dad in hospital after Mother's Day breakfast goes wrong
Page 1 of 1