Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Facebook craze needs a good lie down

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chocochip

Facebook craze needs a good lie down Empty
PostSubject: Facebook craze needs a good lie down   Facebook craze needs a good lie down EmptyJuly 10th 2009, 11:36 am

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,28348,25760824-5014239,00.html

Craze probably started by Brits

Challenge to lie down in public places

Take photos and post them

THEY lie rigidly face down on rooftops, postboxes, luggage racks and even in the engine of a jumbo jet.

It's the latest bizarre internet phenomenon to sweep the globe.

Several Facebook groups set up in honour of the "lying-down game" display thousands of photographs of people lying face down in progressively odder locations.

Pictures of the best of "lying down" competitors

No location is out of bounds, with people lying on roofs, in the middle of roads, in front of tanks, across bars in pubs and on table football games.

Participants are told there are two aims to the challenge that the lying down should be as public as possible and that as many people as possible should be involved.

Players have to lie with their palms flat against their sides with the tips of their toes touching the ground.

It may have been sparked by a British group of friends who got bored with posing for the usual holiday photographs.

Doormen Scott Wood and Wayne Pyle, of Newcastle, set up a Facebook page after a trip to Majorca.

Wood, 34, said: "I started doing it when I was on a lads' holiday in Magaluf.

"I thought that lying on the floor would be a funnier way to pose for my holiday snaps than the usual poses."

"We want people to find the most random places they possibly can the weirder the better.

"There's so much misery around these days, with the recession and everything this is an excuse to have a joke and do something silly."

Lying-down fan Danielle Mitchell, 23, said the so-called game had become a hit among her own circle of friends.

'We are always looking for weird places to lie down," she said.

"I think everyone should have a go at the lying-down game, it's very liberating."
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now
chocochip

PostSubject: Re: Facebook craze needs a good lie down   Facebook craze needs a good lie down EmptyJuly 10th 2009, 11:40 am

Could be an idea for a competition on here Lari Laughing We could see who could get the most interesting laying down piccie!
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now

PostSubject: Re: Facebook craze needs a good lie down   Facebook craze needs a good lie down EmptyJuly 10th 2009, 5:12 pm

Hahahahaha! I love it!
Up and coming holiday pics coming up or should I say...laying down!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Facebook craze needs a good lie down   Facebook craze needs a good lie down EmptyJuly 11th 2009, 4:57 am

LMAO i should tell my friend about this!!! he has a photo of him laying down on a police car!!! he was hammered n yeah got in big trouble but was funny to see the photo hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook craze needs a good lie down   Facebook craze needs a good lie down Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook craze needs a good lie down
Page 1 of 1