Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Girls used Facebook to call for help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chocochip

Girls used Facebook to call for help Empty
PostSubject: Girls used Facebook to call for help   Girls used Facebook to call for help EmptySeptember 7th 2009, 11:32 am

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26035908-2682,00.html

TWO girls used the social networking site Facebook to call for help after getting stuck in a southern suburbs drain.

It's believed the girls, aged 10 and 12, became trapped in the Honeypot Rd drain, on the border of Hackham West and Noarlunga Downs, after walking around drains in the area sometime before 7.30pm.

It's believed they used a mobile phone to update their status.

Metropolitan Fire Service Crews used a ladder to assist the girls in climbing to safety.

Ambulance crews were on the scene but the girls were not injured and did not require treatment.

Walking through drains is known as "urban exploring" or "urban caving", and has a popular sub-culture in many major cities, including Adelaide.

One group is known as "Cave Clan".

However, flash flooding is a danger for drain dwellers – last year a man, 25, and a woman, 21, drowned after the Sydney drain they were spraying with graffiti flooded last year.

A third person survived by squeezing through bars and washing out to sea.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now
~*Kat*~
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
~*Kat*~

PostSubject: Re: Girls used Facebook to call for help   Girls used Facebook to call for help EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 11:27 am

Wow lucky someone saw their status change and damn lucky they didn't drown
Back to top Go down
Tammy
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
Tammy

PostSubject: Re: Girls used Facebook to call for help   Girls used Facebook to call for help EmptySeptember 8th 2009, 12:10 pm

wow!
I wonder if I would have thought of that? thats clever thinking even if being in the drains is not!
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Girls used Facebook to call for help   Girls used Facebook to call for help EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 2:54 am

i dont get why they used their mobile to update their status but never bothered to ring anyone???? i cant get on facebook if i have no service!!! n even without service u can normally still ring 000
LOL maybe they were embarrassed who knows!!!! anwyays lucky they didnt drown n they got out safely
Back to top Go down
chocochip

PostSubject: Re: Girls used Facebook to call for help   Girls used Facebook to call for help EmptySeptember 9th 2009, 10:52 am

chels03 wrote:
i dont get why they used their mobile to update their status but never bothered to ring anyone???? i cant get on facebook if i have no service!!! n even without service u can normally still ring 000
LOL maybe they were embarrassed who knows!!!! anwyays lucky they didnt drown n they got out safely

That's what I thought as well. Imagine if none of their friends logged in that day.
Back to top Go down
http://bbq&beer@myplace.now
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girls used Facebook to call for help   Girls used Facebook to call for help Empty

Back to top Go down

Girls used Facebook to call for help
Page 1 of 1