Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible' Empty
PostSubject: Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'   Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible' EmptyJune 21st 2010, 10:56 am

A young Melbourne gunman who is on the run from police bragged about feeling "invincible" before allegedly embarking on a crime spree this morning.

David Paul Rowntree, who remains at large despite a massive manhunt in the inner city, wrote about his feelings of power and anger on his Facebook page.

"David Rowntree feels 9 times more invincible lol," Rowntree, 19, wrote on Friday morning.

Last Wednesday, he again said he felt "invincible......tired....mostly invincible!!!".

In another disturbing comment, posted last Tuesday, Rowntree said he "feels like I have lots of flies caught in my lil spiderweb and I will torture those flies".

The suspect, from Colac in Victoria's southwest, also appears to have been suffering problems in his personal life.

The woman listed as his girlfriend wrote on Saturday that the "person u love will hurt u in sum way".

Rowntree, who has almost 70 offences against his name and was previously described by a judge as a "devious and out of control serial offender", has managed to elude police after he was spotted carrying a gun near the Melbourne Cricket Ground at 9.40am.

It is believed the early-morning spree began when a vehicle was stolen from an address in Balwyn before it was used in the armed robbery of a service station in Bulleen about 3am.

The man, wearing a balaclava, stole cash before allegedly driving to another address in Balwyn where he abandoned the stolen car and entered a house as the residents slept.

He then stole cash from a neighbouring property before taking a blue Commodore from the driveway, police allege.

A police pursuit began about 9.30am along the Monash Freeway where three cars and an unmarked police vehicle were struck.

One person suffered minor injuries.

The car was found abandoned in a car park behind Rod Laver Arena, with a shotgun and balaclava found dumped at a nearby tram stop.

A massive search by heavily-armed police officers and dog squads failed to find the suspect as nearby streets and buildings, including the MCG, were sent into lockdown.

Police are calling for members of the public to avoid approaching Rowntree and instead advising them to call Triple-0.
Back to top Go down
seth_an_tylers_mum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
seth_an_tylers_mum

PostSubject: Re: Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'   Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible' EmptyJune 21st 2010, 11:22 am

my god what is wrong with kids today
Back to top Go down
kaz901
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member

PostSubject: Re: Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'   Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible' EmptyJune 21st 2010, 1:03 pm

thats a bit of a worry for you melb girls. It is a bit of a worry, but glad he didnt shoot anyone at least.
Back to top Go down
mummaof3andahalf
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
mummaof3andahalf

PostSubject: Re: Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'   Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible' EmptyJune 21st 2010, 2:52 pm

so glad i dont live in the city! he can stay away from my area :/ hope they catch him sound slike he needs mental help
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'   Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible' EmptyJune 22nd 2010, 4:20 am

i cant believe when i turned the news on this morning he is still on the run OMG!!! I feel so sorry for his family. AND to top it off he only just got released on parole in March or something of a sort, and is serving a 3 yr sentence currently
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'   Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible' Empty

Back to top Go down

Alleged Melbourne gunman 'feeling invincible'
Page 1 of 1