Families First
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Families First

We cater for all types of Families.
Our aim is to provide a safe, and friendly site for members to join and relax,
get some helpful advice and support when going through difficult times,
or just to meet new friends.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother Empty
PostSubject: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 4:20 am

The distraught mother of missing six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams has begged people to "stop judging me" as investigations continue into the child's movements over the past three weeks.

Kristi Abrahams says she last saw her daughter when she tucked her into bed about 9.30pm (AEST) on Saturday at her Mount Druitt home in western Sydney.

The next morning, Kiesha's bed was empty and the front door was ajar, although there was no sign of a forced entry.

An important part of the investigation includes finding out whether anyone outside her immediate family saw Kiesha since July 7, Detective Inspector Russell Oxford of the NSW Police homicide squad has said.

Her mother on Wednesday told Seven News her "happy" and "funny" daughter, who loved animals and macaroni and cheese, was "with me" over the past three weeks and it was unfair to question Kiesha's whereabouts.

"They need to stop judging me, they don't know me," a visibly distressed Ms Abrahams said.

Police on Wednesday stepped up the hunt for Kiesha as the investigation into her disappearance moved into its fourth day.

An expanded team of 115 searchers, including police, Rural Fire Service (RFS) and State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers, spent the day trawling bushland two kilometres from Kiesha's Woodstock Avenue home.

They also canvassed homes in the neighbourhood.

Police say Kiesha's grandmother last saw her on July 7, when the little girl visited her newborn brother in hospital.

That was the last time anyone, apart from Kiesha's mother and stepfather Robert Smith, is reported to have seen the little girl.

Kiesha's biological father Christopher Weippeart says he's struggling with Kiesha's disappearance.

"I'm expecting the worst and, yeah, hoping for the best," he told Seven.

"I've already prepared for it, you know?"

Kiesha's mother, stepfather and biological father were on Wednesday helping police with their inquiries.

Meanwhile, reports that the family had been in contact with the NSW Department of Community Services (DoCS) are also being investigated by police, who have confirmed Kiesha had been absent from school for the past three weeks.

NSW Premier Kristina Keneally on Wednesday refused to comment on whether Kiesha was known to state welfare authorities, including DoCS.

"I'm not going to comment on what is an ongoing investigation, except to say that this is a very concerning situation," she told journalists on Wednesday.

"This is a family's worst nightmare.

"Right now we are allowing police to get on with their investigations."

Friends and family have described Kiesha as happy, quiet and not given to wandering off.

Ms Abrahams and Mr Smith on Tuesday made an emotional appeal for help to find her.

Police said earlier this week that Kiesha's biological father was not considered a suspect.

Anyone who has seen Kiesha, described as about 140cm tall with blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing pink pyjamas and a purple Pumpkin Patch jacket, should phone Mount Druitt police station on 9675 0000 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

today's report Sad
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 4:42 am

Sad Sad i know its wrong to say but after the other report how can we not judge! I guess papers twist things though! What scares me is IF it was the parents that had something to do with her she could be completely out of the state and buried by now! 3 weeks ago was the last time she was seen IF it was the mother she couldve gone missing weeks before!
Back to top Go down
mummy23girls
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 5th 2010, 6:36 am

that is what i think chels
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 6th 2010, 2:00 pm

Like DF said to me last night, how do we know that they (mum & stepdad, or even sd on his own) haven't done something to her weeks ago, but mum has only just reported her missing, after guilt has set in or something?

Really hard not to pass judgement in a situation like this.
No-one sighting the child over the last 3 weeks is big alarm bells!!!
Why did the school not put out the call for her themselves?!
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 7th 2010, 2:40 am

thats what i dont get mon....portia was absent from school for a week last yr 1 WEEK!!!! And the school rang me on the friday (was gone mon to fri) to see where she was and what was wrong!
Then to find out this little girl was absent 3 weeks.....wtf was the school doing? so many things just dont add up to me!
They cant find her anywhere....it wasnt a 'forced entry' so obviously someone that knew them or they toke her...IF she went for a walk i highly doubt she wouldve gone far! Ive got a 7 yr old that wont go to the letterbox without me standing at the door watching her! i just dont get it!
Back to top Go down
MissMon
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 7th 2010, 3:36 am

Yeah the claim of her playing with cats?
I don't get it either.
Back to top Go down
chels03
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
chels03

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 7th 2010, 9:50 am

yeah thats a load of crap! What 6 yr old gets up in the middle of night and walks the st to 'play with cats' if they thought she did that why not lock her in more securely?
just not right imo
Back to top Go down
aprileviesmum
Totally Addicted
Totally Addicted
aprileviesmum

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 8th 2010, 4:20 am

Poor little girl.
They still havent found her.
I feel that she may be dead. Sad
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Fabulous Member
Fabulous Member
Tamara

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother EmptyAugust 8th 2010, 1:24 pm

Poor lil girl. I havent stopped thinking about this story since it was first reported. it does all seem weird but i feel bad thinking it was the mum, i just think if it was my daughter who had gone missing how would it feel to be blamed for her murder when you have nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother   Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother Empty

Back to top Go down

Stop judging me, says Kiesha's mother
Page 1 of 1